Frequently Asked Questions about Classrooms and Labs

There's a problem with the equipment in the workroom of a Minerva House - who do I contact?

Contact the Residence Life office for assistance with the computer or printer in a workroom.

Who do I talk to about the equipment in a Minerva House seminar room?

The seminar rooms in all of the Minerva Houses are managed by Learning Technologies + Environments. Please contact them through the ITS Service Catalog or at 388-6438 for assistance.

Who do I talk to about using an electronic classroom?

Electronic classrooms may be scheduled by faculty and staff through 25Live. Training is required for anyone using an electronic classroom. Arrangements for training may be made by calling Learning Environments at 388-6438 or through the ITS Service Catalog

What do I do if I have a problem in an electronic classroom?

The majority of the electronic classrooms on campus are managed by ITS. For immediate assistance in a classroom, call x7007 (Monday - Friday 8:00am - 8:00 pm). To report a problem that is not an emergency, please contact Learning Environments at 388-6438 or through the ITS Service Catalog

Who do I talk to if I have a problem with the public labs?

The majority of the public technical facilities on campus are managed by ITS. For assistance in the labs, please do one of the following:

  • Go to the ITS Help Desk in Steinmetz 101A.
  • Call the ITS Help Desk at x6400.
  • Stop by the Learning Environments office in Steinmetz Hall, room 110.
  • Contact Learning Environments through the ITS Service Catalog

Where can I do color printing?

A color laser printer is available for student use from any of the public computers located in the Learning Commons on the first floor of Schaffer Library.

It costs $.39 per page to print a color document. The "pay-for-print" system uses the student ID card.  Funds may be put on your account using the kiosks located in the Library or in the 24 lab in Wold.

I need to use special software like eViews. How can I find the right lab to use?

The public computing facilities have a variety of specialty software such as eViews available in them. For more information, see Public Computing Facilities and click on the link for each facility to see a list of software installed in that lab.

Where are the public computer labs and when are they open?

There are several public computing facilities managed by ITS. For more information, see the Public Computing Facilities page. All spaces are available 7 days a week (with several of them having 24 hour access) and are accessible with your Union College ID.

If you are having difficulty or you have unanswered questions, please contact the Help Desk through the ITS Service Catalog or call (518) 388-6400.

Print Article


Article ID: 59314
Mon 8/6/18 10:38 AM
Fri 4/1/22 9:05 AM